Subject: Re: LW Upgrade -- an Why Are Macs Slow?
From: Joe Angell <[email-masked]>
To: Neil Richmond <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 16:32:45 -0400 (EDT)

> I justr got off the phone with Newtek. The upgrade cutoff is June 30. Also
> anyone planning to get a DOS card for your Mac and run LW can forget it. It
> won't work. This is a MAJOR disappointment!!!! Anyone who got onto the Mac
> platform from the Amiga is out in the cold.:-( :-( :-(

Why is it that Macs can't emulate even THEMSELVES (PowerPC running
non-native) at a reasonable speed (68030-ish, I think), but an 040 33MHz
Amiga can run Mac or PC software FASTER than an equivilent Mac or PC (040
40MHz Mac/486DX2 PC, using an EMPLANT)?!?  Even SHAREWARE, software ONLY
Shapeshifter claims the speed of an equivilently equiped Mac.

Why won't the DOS card work on the Mac?  I want to get an Emplant and a
Picasso II simply to run PhototShop (and probobly Fractal Design Painter).
 It it some strange IBM addressing thing, or is the Mac just wierd?

Thanx for the info on the upgrade stuff -- hopefully LW Amiga'll be around
by then...

(sorry for the non-LWish topic...)

-- joe